Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Change

Random thoughts have been floating in my mind endlessly.  It's been a while since I've penned down my thoughts. Guess it's about time.
I'm in that phase of life where I feel like a little rose bud again. Either waiting to bloom or waiting to shrivel in the heat. Can't seem to decide which one. But everything feels like I'm back to scratch. Even though in different areas of life I've catapulted, my core being is questioning everything around me. I'm still right where I was nine years ago. So much has changed yet so little has changed since then. What is change though?
I had this interesting conversation with a friend. He said he lives in his past. He's not who he was last year. He's not who he was last week. He's not what he was an hour ago. It's the memories of the past that keep him going. But what about the present?
It got me thinking that everything changes. Every single second, every single minute, everything is changing. We as humans are always evolving. We're not who we were about a minute ago. We've changed, we've grown. But what really changes? So much happens just within a minute. Take a step back and observe. Observe how your life could change. How your emotions could change. How your decisions could change. All in less than a minute. And yet your core remains the same.
In this whole process of being happy and living in the present, we're just creating memories for the past and possibly for the future. But is it possible to truly be happy in the present. Without lamenting over the past or worrying about the future? Is it possible to accept any and every change we go through completely in the present? Is it possible to just be an observer and allow life to happen to you?
We're always trying to control everything about our lives. What is life really about? Controlling and creating exactly what you want or accepting the inevitable and allowing destiny to play it's part? Probably both.
However, while this busy process is going on, allow your core to be authentic. Let your soul be wild, pure and free. Accept yourself. It's Ok to be that scared little kid who has no idea what's going on, its Ok to be vulnerable and it's ok to admit that sometimes we just want someone who will hug us, hold us tight, look us in the eye, and say, "This is life, and it's going to go on, faster than you'd like to admit. But I'll be right here. Always."
P.s- It's more than Ok to say this to yourself. Try it.

No comments: